
Something that has always touched me, is the sight of a Father and Child. When thinking of the subject my mind is flooded with images and instances that I can recall making me say "aww" out loud. A new father in Target holding his teeny tiny red newborn. A dad-to-be playing with his nephew at his wife's baby shower, as the smiling wife watches from a distance. A dad grocery shopping with his toddler in the shopping cart. My very own moment that I recall, when Deacon was just days old, Dusty had just gone back to work night shift, I felt lonely and scared to be home alone that night without him there with me so I stayed awake most of the night fiddling on the computer in between feedings. A specific song had touched me and i listened to it over and over while I watched Deacon sleep. When Dusty came home, he came and laid in bed next to us and as I played the song and watched Dusty lay next to Deacon, kissing his new baby head, I couldn't help but take a million mental pictures and let a few tears fall at the sheer and pure happiness i felt at the sight. It never gets old me. Never ever never.

2 comments:
It never gets old for me either.
I am so with you, Stephanie!
Post a Comment