I'm feeling SO frustrated this week. Deacon's pediatrician referred him to a pediatric physical therapist to check out why it is he doesn't roll over still and doesn't crawl. I was a bit hesitant to bring him but the Dr was nice and said he has really tight neck and shoulder muscles. She gave me several stretches and exercises to do with him to get him rolling over. Since he is an expert sitter, his homework for the week is to ONLY be placed down on his back or tummy. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but to a baby who never lays down and only sits, is really frustrating for not only Deacon but me as well! I hate to see him unhappy laying on his back, crying for me to pick him up. I know the best thing for him is to let him lay there and work those arm muscles but MAN is it FRUSTRATING!! Going from a SUPER happy baby to be sitting and happily playing, to now forced to lay on his stomach and he just whines and cries all day now, its horrible. I hate it. Since when did Rolling Over become SUCH a big deal?? stupid.
5 comments:
You know, I still say if you feel like it's stupid, don't worry about it. You're his mom, and you have mother's instinct, and you are entitled to personal revelation for your family. If you are worried about his rolling over/crawling, then of course you should do what feels right to get him doing those things.
But if you're not? That's okay too. Don't let doctors convince you there's a problem if you don't feel there is one.
Uh... Addie didn't crawl or roll over until she was 11 months and her pediatrician didn't care because she was "talking" and showing signs of advancement in other areas. So I wouldn't worry about it if he's advancing in other ways.
I think he's still well within the normal range of baby development. I wouldn't worry too much. Perhaps there's a balance? A little torture time and then a little happy time? Find something you can live with.
Two of my darlings never rolled over, and they turned out okay. :)
Something we just discovered about Viv is that she wants to roll/scoot all over the place if she's diaperless. I guess we're just nudists over here, but she seems to love it! I don't know if it's just her or if all babies are more active when they feel "free" - but maybe you could try it with Deacon.
Post a Comment