Today i read through all my old posts when I was pregnant and when Deacon was first born and it was like I was reading somebody else's blog! It's weird... thinking i HAD A BABY once. It's really strange actually how much I've forgotten. It's like, i KNOW i was pregnant and had a baby, DUH. But i hardly remember what it felt like. When i see other people being pregnant and having babies i think "aw gosh whats that like?" haha. Deacon will turn two this upcoming week. Gulp. And as bad as I want to say "I can't believe he is 2 already" I feel kind of like... Well yeah he is 2.. hasn't he always been this age?? haha. what is wrong with me!? :) The other day I planted some fresh yellow and orange marigolds and got a pretty new topiary for my porch. Everytime I pull in my driveway I want to pretend I'm a guest seeing it for the first time thinking "Oh, how lovely!". Again, What is my problem? :) Have i said yet how much I love this neighborhood we are in? It is great. We have AMAZING neighbors. The lady next door knocked on my door the other morning, and came in for a chat and I didn't even have the house clean OR have a bra on. And i LET HER IN. And enjoyed her visit. WHO AM I!? I digress....Deacon is being an angel of all angels lately. Going to bed with NO tears. Telling strangers (or the car shopping cart) 'BYYYYYEEEE' and telling me and Buzz "Nye-nye" before bed. He is constantly saying new words that I didn't even try to make him say and I just burst with pride for this kid. I say this too much, but i always mean it.. HOW on earth did I ever get so gosh darn lucky.
5 comments:
I totally forget those things, too. That's why it's so great to keep a blog or journal! Deacon IS a cutie! It's pretty great to be a mom.
Hearing that you love your neighbors makes me just kind of glad. See I'd rather you live in my ward still but if you have to live away I'd rather you have nice people living around you... I suppose. How you cried at those commercials makes me smile. You are the sweetest gal ever. I love that you cry at those things and I love that you adore your son like you do. You're so sweet Stefanie. We must do lunch!
I forget what it is like to be pregnant when I AM pregnant. ha ha I love how much Deacon has grown the past several months. He has such a sweet little personality and I know that seeing him will always leave me with a smile..... even if I can't get one from him. ;)
aw mandi :) the trick is to ask him to say "Buzz" lol it'll make him smile hahah
You make me smile! Big big smiles.
Post a Comment