Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spiritual Thoughts


I've been reflecting on when I was first baptized lately. I came across this really awesome baptism book that the sister missionaries made for me. At the time I hadn't thought much of it. I mean i really appreciated it and thought it was so nice. But i pulled it out earlier this week and read it. And in it were every body who came's testimony. Some of the people at the time I did not know but know now and how special it was to read and feel the Spirit of that day again. On General Conference weekend, I am always so horrible at sitting and watching all of the sessions, mainly just perking up and listening to the Prophet with every fiber of my being. I remember the missionaries coming to our home and teaching me and I remember my first callings and the people who helped me and taught me what i know today. I love this church. I remember first going to the Temple, and awaiting my life changing moment to occur but just feeling PEACE. I love the Temple. I always kind of joke it is like going to the Spa to me. The clothing and the smell of it, ah i just love everything about it. I was thinking of this video i'd seen first when the missionaries showed it to me and i choked back painful knots in my throat at the end. I remember seeing it in Young Womens too when I was a teacher and couldn't hold back the tears that time. I couldn't find my copy of it so I searched online and found the last 10 minutes of the movie on Youtube. And it strikes me the same everytime during the last 2 minutes. I can't imagine. But I can't wait.You know, my patriarchal blessing says that I am to bear my testimony with all who have ears to hear it. And i always think "Oh darn thats like.. EVERYBODY!" and that is scary to me. But i guess blogging is a nice ease into it :) I KNOW without a doubt this church is true. I KNOW Thomas S Monson is a prophet today. I Know through baptism we can receive the best gift of the Holy Ghost. I know, and am so grateful for, that we can do Temple Work for the deceased . How incredible to be able to do that. I can't wait to do temple work for my family. I have a testimony of Visiting Teaching. I always look forward to my teachers visits and when they leave i feel so inspired and better than i did before they came. I love how everyone in the church just sort of GET each other. It is so easy to make friends. It really is like a family. I am so excited for Deacon to get this opportunity to grow up in the church and to learn of the Gospel at a younger age than I did. Being baptized was most definitely one of the best decisions I ever made. I am so grateful for that!
ps- my most favorite talk ever is still THIS ONE

5 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I enjoyed all of this. Amen! Your testimony is going to bless a lot of people! It already does.

danakat said...

Love this so much!

danakat said...

I just followed your link and read that amazing talk. I love that one too!! And it always makes me cry!

Jessica M said...

I enjoyed reading this so much. You are marvelous, marvelous!

Emily H. said...

Your testimony has always touched and inspired me and strengthens my own. Thanks for sharing Stefanie. :)