Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cookies and Baby on the Brain.

Today i've got 2 things on my brain. Cookies. and Babies. More specifically MY BABY. Wait, I'm going to have a baby? Thats a weird thing to think about still. Every single morning I tune into Discovery Health to watch Special Delivery and then Bringing Home Baby. And cry at every single episode. As MY BABY has started kicking me profusely the past couple of weeks, the reality of their being an actual HUMAN in there is so... well, REAL! After my daily session of Special Delivery this morning, I just had to stop and think "How lucky am I. I've got a wonderful husband. And we're going to have a Baby! How could life get any better, Honestly?" :)
I've been dreaming about my dads Rainbow.. 7 Layer.. Venetian.. -whatever you want to call them (i prefer rainbow)- cookies. They are kind of the best cookie you'll ever eat in your entire life, gauranteed!! I was going to whip up a batch, but after asking my dad how many a recipe yields, he decided to share with me that he'd just made a batch and they make about 40... so i've decided to just go raid his stash instead :) I'm excited..

2 comments:

Jessica M said...

Ooo, I love baby kickings. Isn't it a miracle? I find myself in constant awe at the work God plays out on this earth. Being pregant truly is a little bite out of heaven. (I remind myself of that when the not-so-pleasant unpleasantries of pregnancy make me grumpy...) How was Relief Society on Sunday?? I wish I could have been in there to sit by you!

Stefanie H said...

It really is a miracle. It was good. I watched Malcolm for Karalee since she had to rush off to the Stake Center so I was in the halls alot of it haha. We stopped in front of the Primary room to listen to y'all sing and we watched you play the piano for a minute but you didn't see us :) haha